A session with Shazia Batool on “Youth Parliament Pakistan”
Ms Shazia Batool (former Secretary Youth Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Human Rights of Youth Parliament Pakistan)gave briefing about YPP and described “How to apply for YPP”. “Youth Parliament Pakistan (YPP)
The objectives of the YPP were
• To groom the leadership potential of the Youth of Pakistan.
• To understand the Political System of Pakistan, Understand the Values and Culture of Democracy.
• To engage in a rational, reason-based dialogue, engage in critical thinking on issues affecting Pakistan.
• To review existing policy framework employed in addressing issues within the domain of the Federal Government Develop policy alternatives, based on the youth’s perspective, to address critical issues.
• To remain engaged in policy reform areas as proactive citizens beyond the life of the Youth Parliament Pakistan.
• To identify and raise awareness among the youth on the prominent challenges faced by Pakistan today through a fast-paced 5-day training process.